Long Term Care Wound Consultant Service
Key elements of our supportive physician Wound Consultant program:
- Professional individualized wound management in the long term care facility with it's associated convenience for the resident and his family and the decreased cost to the facility.
- Physician visits are covered by Medicare, Medicaid, and most health insurance. The facility incurs no cost whatsoever.
- We collaborate with the existing wound care team or complement them if you currently have one in place.
- We provide regular weekly comprehensive wound care evaluations for the referred patients by a certified wound specialist physician.
- Regular on-site wound care in-service presentations for nursing staff and CNA's.
- Knowledge of F314 and other regulatory guidelines. We are also very familiar with the new QIS survey procedures.
- Adherence to facility's protocols and wound product fromulary
Our approach will ensure the practice of comprehensive wound care within your facility. A specific individualized care plan will be developed for each patient's wounds based on the most cost-effective, state-of-the art, and evidence based approach while accomplishing the goal of timely and complete wound healing. The plan will take into account both treatment and prevention strategies.
We utilize the most advanced wound management software in order to carefully document our assessments and treatments. This tools allows us to generate multiple wound healing reports.